Thursday, July 1, 2010

Where do I begin?

Hello, my name is Cathy and I'm a virgin empty-nester. OK, maybe that's not the right way to start things off. I got the idea to start this blog from my girlfriend, Elizabeth. I read her blog and it inspired me! How therapeutic would it be for me write about my trials and tribulations as a new empty-nester, not just an empty nester, but a "single" nester. What a great way to heal my heart after my daughter Bri left it broken by moving out and leaving me alone to fend for myself. Love you Bri!

Let me give you a little history about myself. I have been married 3 times, although I keep telling myself that the first one doesn't count because we were married for less than a year. Legally I know that this is not the case but it make me look less husband needy (in my mind). My first marriage to Mike did not produce any children. However, I have two wonderful boys (or men as the liked to be called) from my second marriage; Joe is 26 and lives in South Carolina, Jeff is 25 and is stationed in South Korea. He and his wife Leah are making me a grandmother for the first time in September. Brianna or Bri is my 19 year old daughter from my third marriage to Alton. Bri did convince me to get a puppy nine months ago. I think she knew she was on her way out and didn't want her poor mother to be completley alone. CiCi is a puggle and the new joy of my life. You will be reading a lot about her. I have attached a few pictures so that you can have a visual of who the players are on my blog journey.

         
Jeff, Joe, Cathy, and Bri

CICI
I will be signing off for now, but will be back tomorrow. I look forward to sharing my empty nesting journey with all of you.

Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I am so glad that you started blogging! You are going to love it:)

    ReplyDelete