Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Continuing To Embrace....

... my new life!

"The empty nest will always be there, but visited with love and care, the empty nest will be a guiding light, a home for hope and stars so bright." (Or visited when the daughter is out of food!)

We are going on 2 1/2 months since Bri has moved out and I have moved into my small, but homey, one-bedroom apartment. Time flies! I'm now at the point were I can take life one-week-at-a-time as opposed to one-day-at-a-time. And I'm not breaking into tears because the light turned red before I had the chance to get through it. That's a good thing - right? Don't get me wrong there are still days when I miss Bri terribly, but it has become a dull ache instead of the sharp dagger to the heart pain.


I am finally on the front burner... and I have to say, it's lonely here sometimes. Gone are the days where my attention, thoughts and energy were for my children 24/7.... The days are gone when I had to run by the grocery store after a long day at the office because the kids went through another gallon of milk. Now the gallon of milk goes bad because there is no one there to drink it. No more rooms where it looked like a bomb went off. No more dishes in the sink, spilled soda on the counters, or boiled over food in the stove burners. A relief? Not really.


Now it is time for me to put my attention, thoughts and energy in to my dreams.... funny thing is I don't know how to do that.... where to start? I have put all of my being into motherhood for the past 26 yrs. Oh well, I have plenty of time to figure it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment